Journey to Bethlehem
Tickets available now!
Journey to Bethlehem (J2B) is an interactive outdoor drama production the first full weekend of December.
Guests become part of the story as they take the journey to Bethlehem. Over 5,000 guests each year enjoy this family, friendly start to their Christmas season.
Tickets are $8/person (no additional fees). $1 of every ticket sales goes to feed local hungry families. Partnering with our guests, we have raised over $50,000 of donations for the Auburn Food Bank to feed hungry families in our area.
Everyone needs a ticket - even babies (we've found that strollers take the same space as an adult and it's the only way we can account for them in the group size). Thank you for understanding.
December 5-8, 2019
3 Frequently Asked Questions
1. May I bring my dog? Because of the wide array of animals involved in the program, we ask that you please do not bring your dog or any pets.
2. Will the program be canceled for rain or snow? To this point, the program was only cut short one evening due to high winds. If it is lightly raining, bring your umbrella. If there is severe weather, cancellations will be announced to the audience and posted on this website.
3. How can I be involved? There are 2 main ways:
Donations are always appreciated. You will have an opportunity at the end of the Journey to donate to the production.
Acting, Music, or Support Services. You can volunteer by clicking on the button above.
More questions? Call 253-833-5853
Each ticket is $8 (with no additional handling fees). $1 of every ticket is donated to help feed local hungry families. EVERYONE needs a ticket (no matter the age). Children/Youth under 18 need to be accompanied by a parent/chaperone.
GROUPS ARE WELCOME!
The max size for each group is 25 people. Larger groups will be divided into 2+ groups. Please 1 adult for every 5 children, or 1 adult for every 7 youth.
The J2B tour is handicap accessible. Surfaces include carpet, asphalt & cobblestones. A drop-off area and nearby parking are available.
ASL INTERPRETING - FRIDAY NIGHT ONLY
Scheduled groups with an ASL interpreter are available FRIDAY NIGHT ONLY. Contact Nohe Jarnes at 253.256.3822 | Video Phone
5 Tips to Get Ready for J2B
1. Dress warmly with layers. You will want to wear warm, comfortable walking shoes, too. Each Journey lasts for approximately 45 minutes outdoors (plus possible wait time inside) Your entire car-to-car experience may take up to two hours.
2. Please plan to arrive 30-45 minutes before your journey. Traffic may be heavier than usual. Parking attendants will direct you to parking areas once your arrive on the campus of Auburn Adventist Academy. It is a short walking distance from the parting area to the church where the Journey begins. Please leave your valuables at home, not in your car! Your Journey will leave from the Church.
3. You must bring your ticket confirmation printout with you. You will exchange your confirmation printout for a tour pass in the lobby where you will be placed in a group with 25-28 travelers to take your journey. Tickets are non-refundable and only be scanned once. We do not have will-call capabilities. Can't make it? Consider your unused ticket a donation. Every person, regardless of age, needs a ticket.
4. Your ticket is for a Journey with a 1/2 hour time slot. For example, a 5:30 pm Journey will leave between 5:30-6 pm. You may have a short wait time in the church. Groups leave every 5 minutes. By registering online, we guarantee that your wait Time will be shortened significantly!
5 We want all travelers to have a meaningful experience so we ask guests to be respectful of others. Please no flash photography. We reserve the right refuse service to anyone.